Terms & Conditions for Cat Sitting Services
- These terms and conditions take effect from 26th September 2020 and replace all terms and conditions and documentation whatsoever previously published by or on behalf of Mrs Chloe Connolly trading as “Cat Sitting Stevenage”, relating to the care and welfare of any acceptable cat.
- No variation of these terms and conditions shall be acceptable to or binding upon Cat Sitting Stevenage unless agreed and confirmed in writing before entering into this agreement.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage undertake to visit the clients’ cats in their home and will feed the cat with food as agreed with the cat’s owners. Visits shall be made once per day in agreement with, and charged to, the Client. Twice daily visits may also be booked with clients. All reasonable attempts to feed the animal with pre-agreed foodstuffs will be carried out, but ultimately the choice of menu will be at the discretion of Cat Sitting Stevenage.
- The client shall provide the cat(s) regular food and supplements. If a litter tray is used, then an adequate supply of litter and cleaning materials and dustbin liners must be provided.
- The client shall furnish Cat Sitting Stevenage with a full explanation of the cat’s lifestyle and habits, tastes, likes, dislikes, idiosyncrasies, preferences etc. and shall be responsible for advising Cat Sitting Stevenage of the cats’ behaviour, temperament and medical history.
- Should a cat appear unwell, Cat Sitting Stevenage shall assume responsibility for referring any cat in its care to a veterinary surgeon and the owner shall accept liability for any veterinary, or other associated costs submitted in connection therewith. Cat Sitting Stevenage will make every effort to use the cats’ own veterinary Practice; however, if this is not possible, another practice will be used. These visits are not usually charged unless it takes an excessive amount of time or multiple visits are required.
- Under no circumstances shall Cat Sitting Stevenage be liable in any way whatsoever for the deterioration of any existing / diagnosed condition of any cat (s) in its care. All expenses / veterinary costs (including costs of prescription drugs or any other medication) are solely the responsibility of the owner.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage shall not be liable for the loss or death of any cat under its custody caused by any action other than the direct action of Cat Sitting Stevenage personnel. In any event, Cat Sitting Stevenage liability in respect of loss or death of a cat shall be restricted to the monetary value of such animal.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage shall use its best endeavours to care for the client’s cat in the most effective manner possible, but shall not be liable to the client in respect of any loss caused by a latent defect in food or other material provided for the cats’ welfare.
- The cat owners shall provide Cat Sitting Stevenage with one full SPARE SET of keys to the client’s property together with instructions on the operation of the burglar alarm or other security system(s). The client should ensure that all doors/windows that need to be opened are in good repair and that locks are in good working order. Cat Sitting Stevenage will not be liable for any breach of the client’s home security due to poorly maintained or ill-fitting locks and doors. Should Cat Sitting Stevenage be unable to access the property due to defective keys, a £25 charge will be immediately added to the bill to cover time and inconvenience as well as any additional costs such as a locksmith.
- If you do not wish us to hold your keys, Cat Sitting Stevenage can return them to you through your letterbox whilst out on our rounds once any outstanding charges have been settled. Charges will be incurred if an appointment is required. If the client requests the keys to be left in a communal hall, this is at the client’s own risk.
- For subsequent bookings, if the keys to your property have been returned, then they shall be delivered by the client to Cat Sitting Stevenage at least two working days before the first visit.
- The client shall be liable for payment of Cat Sitting Stevenage fees for welfare visits and also the cost of food, vets’ bills or any other accounts incurred on the cats’ business.
- All accounts and charges are payable 48 hours before the start of a booking. Payment details will be provided at the registration visit.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage reserves the right to charge interest on all unpaid invoices calculated at base rate plus 8% per month from the date of the first visit. (Late Payment act 1998).
- Cat Sitting Stevenage shall make all reasonable endeavours to locate adequate parking facilities close to the client’s property. The client should leave parking permits or the appropriate amount of cash for parking. In the event of incurring any excessive parking penalties necessitated by the need to make a welfare visit, the client shall accept liability for the same.
- Prices and costs, except where quoted by Cat Sitting Stevenage as covering a specified period are subject to revision at any time in the event of any increase in costs caused by circumstances beyond Cat Sitting Stevenage control, and Cat Sitting Stevenage reserve the right to charge any such revised prices. Christmas bookings need to be accompanied by a 50% deposit which is non-refundable. Please see “Notes for New Customers” as supplied with this contract on the cancellation policy.
- For prices, please see supplementary paperwork or our website.
Bookings & Cancellations
- The client agrees to give Cat Sitting Stevenage 48 hours’ notice minimum of each booking and 36 hours notice for a cancellation, where cancellations are made after this time a small administration fee of £15 will be charged.
- The clients will be responsible for ensuring adequate buildings, contents and property owners liability insurance for any property which Cat Sitting Stevenage shall be required to visit. Such insurance shall cover the risk of damage caused by the cats whilst left unaccompanied in the property.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage, although fully insured against employers’ liability and public liability risks, shall counterclaim against the client or householder in the event of any claims arising for breakages caused whilst the cat is being cared for by Cat Sitting Stevenage.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage personnel will make all reasonable efforts to make their visits at regular intervals. The exact timing of visits will be at the discretion of Cat Sitting Stevenage.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage personnel shall be discreet at all times and shall make every effort to make their visits as quiet and as unnoticeable as possible.
- Cat Sitting Stevenage shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control, including, without limiting the foregoing, any act of God, legislation, pandemic, war, fire, drought, failure of power supply, lockouts, strike, or any action taken by employees or owing to any liability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of any such contingency, the client may, by written notice to Cat Sitting Stevenage, elect to suspend the contract and make alternative arrangements for the care and well being of their cat(s).